Using a quartz lamp at home
Quartz lamp can destroy most of the bacteria that are constantly within your home and are waiting for the weakening of the immunity of its residents. The principle of the device is very simple - it emits hard rays, similar to those produced by the sun. For harmful microorganisms, they are destructive - therefore, at home, a good quartz lamp can replace the effects of natural light in certain rooms where it is lacking, or when the cold season comes.
Depending on what goals you are pursuing, you can choose different types of lamps:
- Outdoor applianceable to more effectively destroy pathogens in various areas of the house, but a person should not be for a long time within the reach of his radiation.Choose such a quartz lamp is only in the case when you are going to carry out a powerful disinfection with a certain frequency.
- However, at home, a more practical option are devicesclosed type- The effectiveness of their work is somewhat less, but they do not cause any harm to large living organisms. In addition to constant disinfection, they are also able to scare away insects, thus bringing a lot of benefit - nevertheless, experts say that it is better to turn on a lamp of a closed type for 2-3 hours a day without abusing its effect.
- In addition, special disinfection can be used for disinfection.portable quartz lamps- with their help, it is possible to carry out disinfection of not only visible, but also hidden surfaces. It’s worth choosing such a model when one of your pets suffers from a serious infectious disease - the treatment of the whole room will speed up its recovery and reduce the likelihood of infection of all other family members. A portable device of a closed type allows you to install it in any position that is optimal for processing a particular area of the house.
Home quartz lamp will not only achieve disinfection of the room or tanning, but also the healing of certain diseases. In particular, it can be used to treat many diseases of the joints associated with manifestations of arthritis or rheumatism.
If you are going to take the procedure at home, then you should take care of the safety of other areas of the body that should not be exposed to radiation. For eyes it is better to choose good sunglasses with the obligatory presence of UV protection. The skin in the immediate vicinity of the place of light should be covered with a towel slightly moistened with water.
A quartz lamp for home use is directed to the affected joint and remains on for 30-50 seconds. Every day it is necessary to increase the duration of exposure for 20-30 seconds, if no unpleasant effects are observed in the form of severe irritation or the appearance of dark spots on the skin.Procedures of this type should be carried out no more than five days, followed by a two-week break.
Also, a quartz lamp can eliminate minor cosmetic defects - with a strictly metered irradiation, you can remove most of the freckles, pigment spots and large acne. However, all operations on the face are best carried out exclusively in the presence of a doctor or a qualified cosmetologist - such a measure would prevent the occurrence of unintended damage to the skin and the occurrence of specific diseases.
Ultraviolet irradiation can be useful even with early baldness - its effect makes it possible to reduce the rate of hair loss several times. A therapeutic lamp should have relatively little power - otherwise you may receive more harm than good.
Sometimes quartz lamps are used to achieve a beautiful uniform tan, replacing with their help tanning beds. However, it is necessary to remember a few simple rules:
- maximum duration of exposure should not exceed 30 seconds per day;
- if a reddening occurs, it is necessary to interrupt the procedure;
- It is possible to use the lamp only 5 minutes later after turning it on.
The low duration of one session will lead to the need for the body to be irradiated for 10-15 days for the appearance of stable pigmentation of the skin over a large area of its surface.
If you sunbathe with a quartz lamp at home, be sure to take care of eye protection. In this case, it is undesirable to use sunglasses - they will be printed on your face with white spots, which will not be visible tan. The ideal option would be to use lightly moistened cotton swabs or fabric of the same type. In addition, you can use special cosmetic discs that are small in size and have a good density.
High-quality quartz lamps for home use can minimize their impact on the skin, but it is best to ensure proper care of its surface.
With regular exposure, which is carried out at home, new wrinkles may appear in the corners of the eyes, the cause of which is excessive desiccation. You can avoid this if you use special nourishing and protective creams, similar to those used when exposed to a natural sun tan.