The secret to learning 200 English words per hour
Want to learn how to instantly memorize English words and their meanings? A few secrets will help you. They know not every tutor in English. To achieve success, set a goal and have patience. So, open secrets.
Some tutors promise that you will speak from the first lesson, but this is a purely publicity stunt. Others emphasize that they use the author's method of fast learning, as well as the curriculum includes films with subtitles, meetings with native speakers. At the same time, any English tutor will say that the lion’s share of success depends on how you work on your own. And it is true.
The basis of any language is vocabulary, which means you need a vocabulary suitable for speaking. Typically, an English tutor sets you the task of learning about 25 words a day. But they can be learned much more. Tell you about the original method of how to do it.
one.Choose 100 words from the dictionary - not all in a row, and those that are often found in speech, divide them into five parts. (For a list of common words read here: http://www.7english.ru/diction.php?id=500.)
2. Read the words from the first twenty in order several times, until you memorize the translation, with each word for no more than two seconds. Check yourself by closing the translation.
3. Set a metronome in front of you and make sure that you recognize each word at intervals of a second. After that you can move on to the next twenty words. Set a clock in front of you and note on it how much time it will take to memorize. And finally, check the entire hundred words, again closing the translation.
By training in this way, you gradually bring the daily rate to 500–1000 words. It will be most difficult to learn the first twenty, then things will go faster, the main thing is not to be afraid that you will forget everything. And another thing: words must be taught in the same direction, that is, English is Russian, and not vice versa.
4. It is much more useful to learn not individual words, but in a block, that is, in a phrase or sentence. But most importantly, they must be emotional, memorable. And that which is interesting or unusual, unpredictable is remembered.For example, in the fairy tales of Kornei Chukovsky, many such seemingly absurd lines are remembered precisely because of their absurdity: "Here the bugs and little sneaks crawl out from under the bench" or: "And they bark, and howl, and they will strike with their feet."
Here is an example of a rhyme to memorize English words:
You certainly want to know
That kitten is kitten.
And the puppy is called puppy.
He has funny paws.
5. Record words and phrases in the dictionary. By the way, writing by hand is very useful when learning a foreign language, since motor memory develops.
6. In addition, any English tutor will give you advice: read more in English, especially out loud, and listen more to it - be it songs, videos on YouTube, movies or audiobooks. Start an English-speaking friend on the social networks and chat with him: see how it will promote your conversational English!
7. It is very good to memorize and reproduce poems and songs in English: thanks to the fact that they learn easily, you will learn many new words, phrases, they will also help you to work out the right diction.
Of course, in parallel with the vocabulary you learn and grammar.