Cocoons for newborns - cutting-edge items indispensable for parents
What it is?
Such an unusual thing with the amazing name “baby cocoon” can replace several household items at once. And if the baby will sleep in it, the sleep will be strong, since the child cannot wake himself up with his hands.
This subject was invented by neonatologists from France. Their goal was to prevent the stress that occurs in newborns after it leaves the mother's womb. Outwardly, it resembles a bag with a “window”. Cocoon for a newborn can be crocheted or sewn of soft fabric. Thus, being in a cocoon, the baby feels very comfortable.
- it will be convenient for children in a cocoon to turn, podlyatsya and raise legs;
- ease of use for adults;
- various designs and shapes.
Depending on the purpose of use, cocoons for newborns are of two types:
- for changing clothes and diapers (envelope, pouch);
- mattress-chaise, placed in the crib (pictured).
As mentioned above, it is used as a replacement for swaddling. Although many generations were grown with their help, cocoons are more relevant now. Crochet cocoon for a newborn can be of different sizes. But in order to avoid irritation and allegri, it is better to use only natural threads and fabrics for knitting (sewing).
According to many experts, swaddling makes it difficult to understand the world for newborns, as a tightly wrapped baby in a diaper cannot move freely. Of course, this greatly simplified the lives of parents. But the crumb at the same time does not feel comfortable. Today, if you want the “legs” to be even, use free swaddling or pay attention to the cocoon-envelope (on the picture).
Knitted cocoon (or cocoon-envelope) is more convenient to use.It will take a couple of movements, and your baby is already in the bag. It is especially relevant in the winter. Instead of a pile of clothes, which usually in the cold time we put the child on, use a cocoon. And if it is knitted (crocheted, or knitted), it will create an environment resembling the womb of the mother. The child will be not only comfortable, but also warm.
The big advantage of these “devices” is that you can do it yourself. That is very amusing young needlewomen. A knitted or stitched cocoon filled with mother's love will create for the crumb an enveloping sensation of pleasant crampedness. Especially since by “hooking up” with a hook, you can embody a wide variety of schemes, obtaining original patterns or an unusual design.
Cocoon for newborns in the form of a mattress resembles a small bed of ergonomic shape.It can be installed in the crib so that the child sleeps in it. And just on a flat surface as a deckchair, if you want your child to be near you. Mattresses are made of soft material. They are able to take the form of the body of a newborn. Therefore, when the crumbs are placed in such a device, it becomes very comfortable and cozy.
The advantages of these ergonomic mattresses include:
- ergonomic shape reduces the likelihood of colic in newborns;
- reduces the risk of muscle tone;
- the lungs are fully saturated with oxygen;
- due to the elevation in the upper part (under the head), the probability of asymmetry of the child’s head (plagiocephaly) decreases;
- safety of the baby thanks to the fixing belt;
- easy to use and carry;
- dimensions allow you to use a cocoon as a bed, placing it in a crib, as in the photo.
These inventions are available in various sizes. Each has its own purpose. For example, small mattresses-cocoons are provided for premature babies. They can be found in the departments of neonatology. There are also bigger mattresses. They can put the children from the moment of birth until 4-5 months. Choosing cocoons for newborns is not difficult. Enough to focus on the product range and age of the baby.
Most young parents prefer similar modern mattresses. Of course, crocheted (knitting) cocoon-envelope is also convenient, but it only replaces diapers and a few items of clothing. But ergonomic mattresses open new opportunities for newborns:
- the baby sleeps calmly and for a long time, which affects his mood and protects the nerves of the newly minted parents;
- the child can look around without load on the spine and neck;
- thanks to the girdle fixing the baby, parents are sure of the safety of the children.