7 secrets of successful sales
Trade is one of the oldest human activities. And no matter how strange it sounded in the XXI century, but the essence of the process has not changed, perhaps, since the Stone Age. People still need goods and services, they bought, bought and will buy. And sellers, as before, seek to sell more and more expensive, to get the maximum profit.
Here are just follow the rule "for every commodity there is a merchant" these days are no longer enough. There are so many offers on the market and the competition is so great that for success you will have to arm yourself with modern methods of increasing sales. This will be discussed in our article..
Eliminate 5 reasons for failure
To begin, let's consider the factors that hinder business development and sales growth.
- The absence of a clear goal. Making a lot of money is a misnomer. You need to know exactly how much money you are willing to invest in your store (or service company), what profit you are counting on, whether you can find a commercial partner. Experienced sales experts recommend setting goals for the year ahead and adjusting the process every quarter.
- Lack of target audience. If you have retail, you must understand who you are going to sell your product to. Maybe this is a grocery store on the principle of walking distance, then the range must be selected based on the needs of residents of nearby homes. You plan to open a flower shop - take into account its location and preferences of future buyers. Do you trade in building materials - on whom do you count: on ordinary buyers or specialists? For different consumers - their own groups of goods.
- Low seller qualifications. A customer can be repelled by anything — the seller’s unfriendly face, his manner of communication (we usually have two extremes: a complete ignoring of the buyer or excessive obsession), the inability to give sensible advice — it happens that the seller does not know enough products (technology, composition) and get from him a competent advice to the buyer fails. As a result, he will go to a competitor.
- Low purchasing power of the population. If you only blame your business failures on the fact that people have no money, it is better to trade and not to engage.Choose such a product or service, the demand for which is always (there is and people will wash anyway). Or focus on products that are interesting to wealthy people. These, too, were, are and always will be.
- High competition. Of course, she is present, and how do you want? If you strive to be the best, make an effort. You have to be very different and stand out. A larger range of products, a variety of services, more qualified personnel, an unusual store design (cafe, studio, etc.), active work with clients - trade fairs, holiday promotions, an original loyalty system. Thought over the whole range of your differences from others? Make a UTP - a unique selling proposition. After reviewing it, the buyer must understand why you should choose.
What is Upsell, Croossell, Downsell
Ask what words are so tricky? Just English terms denoting ways to increase sales. How exactly, let's understand.
Upsell (Upcell) - raising sales
It means that you offer the buyer, who has come for some product, an improved version of this product. For example, a person chooses a washing machine, and you recommend him a similar, but more branded, manufacturer. It is, of course, better, but more expensive.Or recommend a model with additional options, also at a higher price.
As studies have shown, usually the buyer is willing to spend an additional order of 50% of the planned amount. I wanted an iron for 20 at. e., and buy for 30.
There is another kind of upcell technology. You offer to purchase two goods, and the third to receive for free. For example: "Buy two chocolates and get the third as a gift." Or, for the purchase of a certain amount, you provide some bonuses - a discount on the next purchase, a product, a gift (visiting a beauty salon, for example). To do this, you need to maintain relationships with commercial partners.
Or another option - the person was going to buy a jacket for 100 y. e., and you offer him to spend a little more, 120 y. e., let's say, get another shirt, but get some kind of gift - gloves or a jumper.
Croossell (Crossell) - cross sales
There is generally a wide field for business, if you are not lazy and adventurous. To the buyer who has already gathered to buy something, you offer additional (related) goods. How long this chain will be depends not only on the amount in the client’s wallet, but also on the seller’s ability to convince a person of the need to add accessories to his purchase.
To the TV, it is not bad to take another antenna with additional channels or at least napkins for wiping the screen. To the new car - floor mats, and if on a large scale, and alarm with auto start.
Lady, who looked at the new dress, pick up the pantyhose to match, and even better - and a handbag, jewelry, and a belt.
A man trying on a suit, recommend a few options for suitable shirts, ties and belts. Or maybe he also needs shoes? So pick and offer.
A 100% guarantee that a person will take everything, of course not. However, crosssell technology works in most cases. Try it!
BUT! An important point: the use of upsell and crosssell should be in the event that the buyer decided to buy the goods for which he came. The man was about to pay for a new thing, and you offer him a profitable option for additional acquisitions. Guarantees that he will agree, a lot. But the client, who has not yet decided on the main purchase, should be given a "ripen".
Downsell (downsell) - lower sales
This is a tricky way to make a profit, increase the number of sales, selling cheaper goods. Let's say you are selling jackets. One of the models is popular with consumers: the quality is decent, and the appearance.People like everything except the price. Someone, of course, is able to purchase without bargaining, but someone cannot afford it. In this case, we need cheaper analogues.
For a more affordable product purchased by you at a low price, you can make a higher premium (maintain margins), and still the buyer will be more profitable to buy just such a product. Our people are used to saving, downsell works pretty well.
By the way, if you recommend a replacement product at a more affordable price (perhaps the Chinese version), this will be appreciated, because a person will understand that you are not going to buy the most expensive model for him, but take care of his wallet. The buyer will certainly come to you again.
Or such an example - you buy goods from different suppliers at different prices. As a result, you are selling socks or pantyhose at the same cost, but your income will be greater with the consignment of goods, which was cheaper at the time of purchase.
Does advertising move trade
Advertising does not sell anything. It informs and attracts potential customers. If you hope that, having advertised your product, the next day you will fight back from those who want to wipe everything off your shelves, then this is clearly not going to happen.
The buyer, having received an interesting offer, can call with some question or personally visit your store. And this is the positive effect of advertising.
Then it all depends on the ability of staff to encourage a person to buy your product. And you need to advertise exactly your UTP (unique selling proposition), what distinguishes you from others.
How to advertise your product? You need to try different ways - from distributing flyers on the streets to placing videos on local radio or television. Light boxes in front of your outlet, good window dressing, and original signs that attract attention give a good effect.
Use social networks, e-newsletter, collective discount services. Advertise yourself by participating in the organization of public events in your locality: concerts, exhibitions, holidays, sports, charity events.
And one more important point - you need to know how much it costs to attract one customer. We believe: you have invested 100 y. e. in advertising on the popular TV channel and received 50 new buyers. So, one buyer cost you 2 y. e. Suppose he makes the first small purchase of about the same amount. Gained no.
But if the client stays with you, he will make 6 more such purchases in a year. Only 7, multiply by 2 y. e., get 14 y. e. profits (without advertising costs) per person. And 50 new customers at 14 y. e. each bring you already 700 y. e. income. Recall that you spent on advertising 100 units. That is, the benefit is obvious.
Secrets of experienced sellers
- Teach your staff how to communicate with customers. Require them to be polite, friendly attitude towards people. It would seem that the basics of the profession. But who among us did not encounter indifference, and even rudeness of sellers. Paradox - such a competition is around, that almost round dances around the client must be led. But not always and not everywhere we are welcomed.
- Develop contact standards - how to answer calls, what to say, welcoming the buyer, how to offer a product. And what to answer if the client expresses doubt or dissatisfaction.
- Do not forget about the speed of response to the call or customer question. Who would like to wait a long time for the manager to answer - they didn’t pick up the phone quickly, the person would call another company. It happens that in the store you can’t get an employee to get advice. With this approach, you can not even dream of increasing sales.
- Create a database of your customers, make regular contacts with them, notify about all the interesting offers, updates, promotions. Make discounts and gifts for regular customers.
- Of course, we need to look for new customers. But you can not underestimate the existing ones. According to statistics, it is 5-7 times easier to sell goods. The buyer, satisfied with the service and quality of products, will recommend you to his friends. Here you have the word of mouth in action.
- Conduct surveys among customers, take into account their claims and wishes. People love attention and appreciate caring attitude. And people really like all sorts of discount programs, special offers, prize draws, well-thought systems of discounts and bonuses.
- Try to surprise (but pleasantly!) Your client. Let it be modest souvenirs for the New Year or Easter, the buyer will be satisfied, and your rating will grow.
Learn from the experience of successful sales professionals. Seminars, trainings, manuals, information on the Internet - all will benefit. Try to implement useful tips in practice, but look for your own methods. Let your store have its own zest, so that the buyer goes to you and with pleasure, knowingThat will receive a quality product, adequate price and pleasant service.