5 ideas for vegetarian soups
Vegetarian soupsbecome a popular dish in the diet of many who monitor their health, and appear on the table not only on fasting days. Mushroom or vegetable decoction - the basis of such foods - allows you to cook delicious, while relieving the body from heavy meat food. There are so many recipes for soups that everyone will surely choose something to their liking, and simple vegan recipes will help you learn how to cook tasty other lean dishes.
Vegetarian soups - cooking recipes
Let yourself a lover of rich meat broths consider vegetarian soups as frivolous food, supporters of healthy food know what their secret is.
During the period of fasting, they are indispensable, they are suitable for those who need a diet, they stimulate the normal functioning of the intestines. And they lose weight from them! This is a fact established by scientists.
What are we going to cook vegetarian soups from? Yes, a lot of options - from legumes, cereals, mushrooms, vegetables, with the addition of pasta, seafood, spices, greens.
Lean Pea Soup
Many hostesses to the question: what kind of vegetarian soups you cook, will answer - of course, pea. Very tasty and satisfying dish, even if you cook it without any smoked meats.
But before cooking, peas are usually soaked. And here are some tricks. Some use the grandmother’s recipe and pour boiling water over peas for a couple of hours.
But we offer another option: thoroughly wash the peas, pour cold water, put them in the refrigerator overnight. When soaking, add a couple of teaspoons of soda (per 100 g of peas). So he will quickly boil soft, besides it will prevent possible flatulence. Then you need to thoroughly wash the peas (in several waters), and then the taste of soda will ruin the dish.
And now proceed to cooking. We will need:
200 grams of peas;
200 g of mushrooms (preferably champignons);
1 carrot and onion;
1 parsley spine;
2.7 liters of water;
- salt, pepper to taste.
How to cook:
- Washed peas after soaking, fill with water and set to boil. Cooking time will depend on the variety of legumes. Do not forget to remove the foam and add water if necessary.
- While our lean pea soup is being cooked, we will prepare the necessary products: we wash the mushrooms and slice them,send them to the pea broth 40 minutes before it is ready.
- After another 8-10 minutes, add diced potatoes to the soup.
- Zazharka fill the dish for 10 minutes before the end of cooking. And cook it like this: over medium heat, fry the chopped onion, carrot and parsley root until golden brown.
- Salt and pepper the dish at the very end, about 5 minutes to full readiness. If desired, decorate the soup with finely chopped greens.
Some housewives actively use kitchen gadgets and cook pea soups in a slow cooker or pressure cooker. This is, of course, much faster.
Mashed Potato Soup
Vegetarian soups, by the way, allow the hostess to show all her imagination and ingenuity. After all, from simple ingredients you need to cook a tasty dish, for this you often need some kind of zest, such as, for example, in the recipe that we want to share with you.
But first about the products for the soup:
8 medium potatoes (better than starchy varieties, so that they are better boiled soft);
1 head of garlic;
2 small bulb onions;
2 tablespoons of olive oil;
salt, pepper to taste;
1 tablespoon chopped green onions;
- 1.5 liters of vegetable broth.
How to cook:
- Prepare in advance the vegetable broth of onion and leek, carrots, parsley roots and celery, bay leaf, allspice. When cooking, add spices to taste: someone loves the scent of thyme, fennel, dill or parsley. Salt necessarily - so the vegetables better give their taste and aroma.
- And now - the “highlight” of our soup, garlic will play its role. Heat the oven to a temperature of 200 ° C. Peel the garlic, apply olive oil, wrap in foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Take a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it and simmer the chopped onion until it is soft.
- Put the diced potatoes in a saucepan, pour the vegetable broth. After boiling cook over low heat until cooked potatoes.
- We try the ready broth on the salt, add, if necessary, pepper, put the baked garlic and whisk with a blender until the desired homogeneous consistency.
- When serving, sprinkle with a green onion. Our mashed potato soup goes well with black bread. Enjoy your meal!
Vegetarian soups are good for those who decide to lose weight. To lose weight on such a soup diet is quite real.Here is what vegetable soup can be prepared from a rich arsenal of lenten first courses - see the recipe in the video:
Vegetable cream soup
Do lean soup and cream soup differ from each other? We will not go into the subtleties of culinary technology, we will highlight the most important thing that is important to us in the cooking process. And this is the addition of cream when we cook cream soup.
Our soup without meat will be cooked from broccoli: take 500 g of this cabbage. What other ingredients will be needed:
1 medium onion;
1 medium sized potato;
1 l of vegetable broth;
100 g of cream;
1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- to taste salt and pepper, other spices.
- Medium-sized potatoes and onions are peeled and diced.
- Passe vegetables in a saucepan for about 3 minutes in a small amount of butter - better than olive oil, but you can also sunflower.
- Then put there cabbage, pour vegetable broth and cook for half an hour.
- Chop the ready-made vegetable broth with a blender, pour it into a saucepan, add cream, salt and pepper (if desired, you can use other spices).
- Bring to a boil and that's all - the soup is ready. Spill in plates, top with greens.
Cooking lean soup
Vegetarian soups are great, but how can you do without borsch in the menu? No way.This popular first course also needs to be cooked more often. And without meat, it will be tasty, especially in a bean broth.
All the secrets of cooking lean borscht according to your own recipe will be revealed to you by the author of this video: